The best field guide to the birds of the Indian subcontinent is now even better. Thoroughly revised, with 73 new plates and many others updated or repainted, the second edition of Birds of India now features all maps and text opposite the plates for quicker and easier reference. Newly identified species have been added, the text has been extensively revised, and all the maps are new. Comprehensive and definitive, this is the indispensable guide for anyone birding in this part of the world.
• The leading field guide to the birds of the Indian subcontinent–now thoroughly revised and improved
• 1,375 species illustrated and described, including all residents, migrants, and vagrants
• 226 color plates–including 73 new ones–depict every species and many distinct plumages and races
• Concise text and accurate distribution maps opposite plates for easy reference
• Includes newly identified species