Peterson Field Guide to Birds of North America (Peterson Field Guides)$13.51
The classic field guide since in was first published in 1934, this updated versions was published in 2008. This version covers all of the North American birds. The Peterson method of identification uses of highlighted ID marks to quickly identify birds in the field. This method is especially useful for beginners because it trains them to look for key identifiers that help distinguish between species. The North America guide has larger images than its regional counterparts. The artwork is in the classic Peterson style that is that may seem less life-like than some of the more modern field guides such as Sibley’s.
In celebration of the centennial of Roger Tory Peterson’s birth comes a historic collaboration among renowned birding experts and artists to preserve and enhance the Peterson legacy. This new book combines the Peterson Field Guide to Eastern Birds and Peterson Field Guide to Western Birds into one volume, filled with accessible, concise information and including almost three hours of video podcasts to make bird watching even easier.
- 40 new paintings
- Digital updates to Peterson’s original paintings, reflecting the latest knowledge of bird identification
- All new maps for the most up-to-date range information available
- Text rewritten to cover the U.S. and Canada in one guide
- Larger trim size accommodates range maps on every spread
- Contributors include: Michael DiGiorgio, Jeff Gordon, Paul Lehman, Michael O’Brien, Larry Rosche, and Bill Thompson III
- Includes URL to register for access to video podcasts – See more at: http://www.hmhco.com/shop/books/petersons/9780618966141#sthash.OZM8f9dx.dpuf