Shorebirds: An Identification Guide to the Waders of the World$53.78
- 214 species of Shorebirds
- covers shorebirds of the world with 1700 full-color paintings.
- high quality plates showing many plumages and flight shots
- thorough species accounts cover identification, voice, habits, movements, description, age/sex, races, measurements and references
- soft cover illustrations lower quality that hard cover version
The first-ever comprehensive guide to all of the waders. The text is the result of eight years’ research by John Marchant and Tony Prater. Their species descriptions are extraordinarily thorough, and reflect the advances in field identification which have taken place in recent years. This is a reprint edition, with corrections to text and captions. The 88 colour plates are by Peter Hayman; they are quite simply the best wader plates ever painted. A companion work to Seabirds.