Waterfowl: An Identification Guide to the Ducks, Geese, and Swans of the World$23.99
- worldwide coverage for 155 species of ducks, geese, and swans
- beautiful artwork (also see note below)
- specialized reference book
- too large for the field
- plate numbers don't always align with the illustrations
- complaints that artwork in paperback version is not as good as the hardback version
This is the complete guide to 150 species of ducks, geese, and swans and provides color illustrations of all major plumages and subspecies and offers informative details on voice, population, distribution, range, habits, and habitats. This is a fine reference book for beginners and experts and designed for use as a study guide and for use with difficult identification problems. The size and layout are not conducive for using while birding in the field..